Wednesday 7 March 2012

The broken elastic band

A little girl pick up an elastic band found lying on the playground.
Happily, she starts playing with it, tugging and pulling, stretching it and watching it recoil to its original shape.
As she plays along, the harder she pulls, amazed at how much she was able to stretch it.
Suddenly, the band snaps and tip of it smacked her hand causing her much pain before it drops to the ground.

Gingerly nursing her injured hand, now left with a red mark, she bends to pick the broken elastic band with the other. Now it's just a useless piece of thin rubber. She tried to tie both ends together, but as soon as she starts to pull, the knot snaps off and she was left with another sharp pain. She then spots a dustbin at the side of the road and throws the broken elastic band away.

I feel like the broken elastic band. Please leave me alone and not stretch me beyond my limit.

2 comments:

h.3.l.3.n said...

stay strong.. even at times a rubber band can flex and withstand force better than a pencil

Sara said...

Endurance and tolerance might be of some help. Just remember that whatever you are going through, this too shall pass and you will become stronger than ever.

If this is regarding life as a houseman, my heart goes out to you and although I can't fully understand what you are going through, I hope that my words may provide some form of moral support :)