Tuesday 16 June 2009

Why I can never go on a diet

Thanks to our flat's special guest S and flatmate A, I was offered this dish called Janda Kaya at 12.30am in the morning.

Janda Kaya (Rich Widow) - I have no idea how this name came about

It is a savory 'kuih' with fillings made from potatoes, carrots and chicken, wrapped in a pancake like dough, coated with breadcrumbs and deep fried. It was delicious! For someone who doesn't eat anything after brushing my teeth, I just had to try them even at this hour of the day.

I experienced the 'Now you see it, now you don't' phenomena. The whole plate disappeared within seconds. Whatever dieting effort, going to the gym at least 3 times a week, satisfaction cause I weighed 1/2 a kilo less today went down the drain.

So, moral of the day, 'There's no point dieting if you have good flatmates and guests'. Now, let me brush my teeth for the second time tonight.

4 comments:

a*hui said...

interesting...nv eaten dat b4..is it a traditional savoury snack?

h.3.l.3.n said...

ya thats interest.. hmm

haha noreen since when u r on a diet?

Windchaser said...

a*hui:
it's my first time trying it as well. need to ask my friend for the details.

h3l3n:
sifu, you understand me very well. never.

h.3.l.3.n said...

of coz, i taught u myself. haha