Saturday 9 July 2011

I think the effect is already there

Rally or no rally, I think by now, whoever is interested in the politics of Malaysia or who are inconvenienced by the road blocks are aware that there's a fight for the right to a clean election.

It's such an irony that this rally is considered 'illegal' as if you look at it objectively, it's a rally to do the righteous thing. The only effect is that it gives the present government a bad reputation and this whole thing becomes a 'threat'.

All that built-up of tension leading to today will have an impact. I think it has raised awareness too all Malaysians that we want a clean and fair election and most importantly, we want a government who can bring Malaysia to greater heights with solutions to corruptions, high crime rates, inequality, etc. that we all have been suffering from all this while.

This rally will be an interesting start. Even people as ignorant as me will be affected one way or the other. I'm looking forward to the elections.

Please register as a voter if you're of qualifying age. You'll need to be registered for at least 6 months prior to the elections to be eligible to vote. More information on how to register at http://www.spr.gov.my/

I would be delighted if all roads leading to UMMC are blocked tomorrow as I'll be oncall. Let there be 0 admissions tomorrow for medical. Hahahahahaha. Since I'm doing cardiology, I'm worried that there may be elderly at home who gets too angry at their children for misbehaving during this stressful times and they get a heart attack and end up in my ward. Nooooooooo. Please practice a healthy lifestyle, cut down on that coconut milk, and go for 30 minutes workouts at least 3 times a week.

No comments: