Wednesday 11 March 2015

Conscientious

Too little conscientiousness. That's what happening at our workplaces nowadays. Add in the assumptions. Now that's the best recipe to kill off any respect.

When I received the invitation letter as a speaker today, not only was my marital status changed but a new surname (which also implied that my religion was changed too) was given to me. I really salute the effort put into creating a whole new identity. Maybe I should just let this imaginary speaker do all the hard work.

People's reaction? Some started laughing, some got angry. I can understand that because such an absurd thing can happen. Maybe if there wasn't that much fear or religious polarisation going on, I would have been amused. Yet I felt insulted and feared that rumours will start.

It isn't hard to be conscientious. My full name isn't a secret. All it takes is a little extra effort.

No comments: