Friday 16 April 2010

Ice Skating in Cymru

I can't remember when was the last time I went ice skating. Most probably more than 5 years ago. We went all the way to North Wales for it. Thanks to K and A who drove us in their cars, we reached there in 40 minutes.

Before we hit the ice. I still dislike the designs of shoes which has anything to do with snow or ice. They're just too narrow and too tight. It has to be tight in order to control the balance but end up hurting my poor feet.

Taking the first step was the hardest as I totally had no confidence that I wouldn't slip. After a few rounds, I got the hang of it and on my last round, I could go quite fast and turned to stop. I really admire the young kids skiing so steadily on the ice doing all sorts of tricks. Wished that I was young again and not that afraid of falling. My friends had a good time too. Some true beginners, others already at pro level.

Final group photo before we left the ice. I didn't fall this time! Muahahaha. Already made to swear that I wouldn't reveal the winner of most falls.

We headed to Chung Kiu for lunch as most of us were already starving after all that adrenaline and missed breakfast. This restaurant is next to the sea with nice views.

Waiting to be seated.

Dim sum. We ordered so much and even the waitress was impressed that we managed to clean the table. Food was not bad but don't order any of the curry dishes as they tasted so bland. Imagine eating curry which is tasteless and not spicy. 

Groupie

Now, the waiting and wishing game begins. Recent volcanic eruption in Iceland caused all flights to/from the UK to be canceled due to the huge amounts of volcanic ash emitted into the sky. I'm seriously hoping that it'll be cleared by Sunday early morning. Plan B is to hibernate at home for a whole week. Wish me luck.

Till then.

No comments: