Tuesday 22 June 2010

London Part 2: Phantom of the Opera

Finally, it's the big night for me and Y3. I'd always wanted to watch the Phantom of the Opera in London and I certainly didn't regret it. The other half of the group went to Leona Lewis concert at O2 arena instead.

On the tube to Piccadilly Circus.

A London souvenir shop at Piccadilly Circus station. I bought my London fridge magnet here.

At the front of Her Majesty's Theatre.

The beautiful stage with the orchestra below.

Our seat on the first row of Grand Circle. I chosen this row as usually if I sit behind someone, that person will be really tall, huge and blocking most of my view.

The seating arrangements in Her Majesty's Theater is not bad. The difference in height between each row is quite big therefore, there shouldn't be any restriction of view from the person in front.

Half-time. I was really impressed and amazed at the props and special effects. The acting and singing were really good too. I was fearful that the actors and actresses couldn't hit the high notes but they did it flawlessly.

See this chandelier? It went crashing down at one point and reverted back to its original form the next. The special effect that I liked most was the boat scene heading towards the dungeon. I'm still trying to figure how they made the boat move like that on stage. Of course, not forgetting the enticing storyline which pulls everything together. I recommend to read the summary of the plot prior to watching the theater so that you can appreciate it more. Actually the play is very similar to the movie version.

The awesome cast.

I feel like watching Love Never Dies, which is the 'sequel' to The Phantom of the Opera. But I think I'll save it for next time. Hopefully the Asian production will be as close to home as possible so that there'll be a higher chance of me watching it.

Raoul or the Phantom? I still don't know who is the correct choice for Christine.

Supper at TPT in London Chinatown:
From Tau Fu Fah to Chicken and Mushroom Congee, the food was not bad.

London Part 3: Camden Market and more food.

No comments: