Monday 14 June 2010

My life revolves around food, maybe too much

I've been so busy sorting out my things for shipping, transporting them to the loading point, packing and moving house that I didn't have time to update my blog. Sustained quite a number of injuries as well, bruises here, sprain there. At least I'm still in one piece.

E's Birthday:
A and I had to bake this cake withint the short 2 hours that E was away that afternoon attending her clinic session. When the cake came out of the oven, we went 'OMG!' cause there was a crack in the middle of it. Luckily A remembered that we had some cooking chocolate. It was something like putting a concealer on someone's face, concealing all the flaws. I don't know what will be E's reaction when she read this. Hahahahha.
Happy Birthday E! What matters most is the end product, right?

VIP in Liverpool, again:

Y3 came to visit me again. This time, I brought her to Bistro Jacques as she's never been there. Poor girl, she had brunch just before I called her to inform her of the plan. I managed to go off early that afternoon from hospital. I felt bad as I couldn't entertain her over the last few days that she was in Liverpool that's why I dragged her out to eat. Hahaha.

Lovely starters, as always. Y3 looks like she's paid to model for this restaurant.

Main course which was delicious and beautifully presented.

Desserts. Because M informed me as a good friend that creme brulee contained vanilla that I decided to go for apple crumble instead, but found out that it had cinnamon which I'm allergic to as well. I think I'll be forced to go on a diet whenever I eat here. I loved this restaurant so much that I even booked the place for right after the graduation ceremony and the drinks reception for lunch.

Dinner at Wagamama: 

Guests from Preston. They came for less than half a day to Liverpool, so I brought them to Wagamama for dinner.


I had Chicken Tama Rice which was really delivious and apparently it's really popular among customers. I wanted to tell the waiter the number of the dish but he said he knows it by heart as it's been ordered too many times that day.

Ikea:
Well, you must be wondering why is it just a picture of food and no furniture when I'm at Ikea. Hahaha, that's because my main purpose of going there was to try the Swedish meatballs. They were delicious. Ok, the furniture were well designed and appealed to me but I rather shop for them at the Ikea in Malaysia.

Homemade Satay:
It was so nice of E to offer us Satay. I can cry having it in Liverpool. She even made the peanut sauce. It was that long ago in Malaysia that I'd forgotten when. More opportunities in the near future.

Random:
Since there's too many pictures of food, I've decided to put a random photo of the colourful fly swatters sold at Clas Ohlson. Ok, it's indirectly related to food too. Well, I did try.

Finals Result Celebration at Etsu:

Dr C and Dr L who are officially dentists on that day. Congratulations. When will it be my turn?

Calpis, a Japanese soft drink which tasted a bit like Lychee.

The cute little soy sauce which only lacked a handle to differentiate it from other teapots.

Starters of sushi and sashimi.

Adding the soy sauce and wasabi.

Mains. They were all delicious. I loved the Japanese curry which was similar and unique at the same time as compared to Malaysian curry.

Final picture of Etsu. Try it and you'll know why it is ranked as the No.1 restaurant in Liverpool by Trip Advisor. Not only the food is taken into account but the atmosphere and service. Highly recommended.

That's all for now. I was so glad that I found a really nice black skirt for graduation today. I practically searched the whole of Liverpool for it.

Next plan on the list: Liverpool-London-Copenhagen-Cruise-London-Liverpool.

No comments: