Thursday 22 July 2010

My big day

Finally, after all that I've been through for the past 5 years, not including the stress of going through interviews, writing personal statements, meeting the conditional offer, etc., it's my graduation!

We woke up so early that day just to arrive at the Guild of Students before 8am to collect my gown.

Last touches after putting on the mortarboard.

All set and ready for pictures!

The photographer had to help tame one stray hair of mine before taking my photos and my family portrait. We were the 2nd group to get our photos taken that day. Better get it taken before my make-up melts in the rain.


We took the opportunity to take photos of my Medical Faculty, Cedar House - the place where PBL took place, and of the library before the graduation ceremony. Luckily it hasn't started raining at that point.
The hood looks so elegant from the back.
The ceremony - everything felt so surreal at that time. I've never seen so many medical students dressed so smartly in my life. Hahahahah. I can't even recall what the Vice Chancellor said to me when I shook hands with him. The only thing that I could remember was my hands turning numb after clapping for hours and hours.
My father's shot of me taken with his super telegraphic lense from the 3rd last row of the Rear Circle, perfectly capturing every single smile line/ the bit of toast stuck in between my teeth from breakfast, the little crease on my shirt where I had ironed wrongly....I'm just exaggerating. This was taken by my camera from the video of the ceremony playing at the entrance of the Guild. Hahahaha.

It started to rain after the ceremony. Why, why of all times? Luckily I managed to take a few group photos with my friends.

We went to the drinks reception in the Crypt in the Metropolitant Cathedral. We had some white wine and finger food. It was quite stuffy in there so we decided to leave earlier for lunch.

Lunch at Bistro Jacque. As usual, the food was delicious.

Flowers and cakes from friends. Thank you so much!

Santarinas graduating.


I was so sad when the rain got heavier that afternoon. My 5 years dream of taking photos with my gown at Albert Dock was almost going down the drain up till 4.30pm when the rain suddenly stopped. We quickly took a cab and rushed straight to the Three Graces. Guess who I met there.....

Yay! At least there's someone to throw Mortarboard with me.

Family Photo

Me with the big anchor.

Jumping for joy as the rain stopped for 1 hour till 5.30pm for me to take photos around Albert Dock. After that, it was a mad rush back to the Guild to return the gown.


Last, but not least. My favourite photo:
I wonder who's graduating that day?

No comments: