Wednesday 1 September 2010

From Liverpool to Paris

I was off to fetch my parents from Manchester Airport that night. Luckily, they could still recognise me and I didn't have to hold up a cardboard with their names on it at the arrival hall. Hahahaha. The only thing we did when we got home was to shower and sleep.

They woke up extremely early the next morning. So, I decided to bring them around Liverpool before we made our way to the airport. I know this plan sounds really crazy now, bringing my parents straight to Paris the next day after their 13 hours flight to reach UK. Well, the outcome of this 7 days trips was that the organiser was dead tired and the 2 visitors were still super energetic. Will elaborate more on this when I come to it.

*N's tour agency sincerely apologise as no further booking for this tour package will be taken as the tour guide in-charge has retired shortly after the first and only run of this tour.

Liverpool has changed a lot over the last 4 years since they last visited together with my sister. Too bad that she couldn't make it for this trip.

The start of our Euro trip:
Well, our trip had a really bumpy start. First, our flight was delayed for 1.5 hours, even longer than the actual flight itself. When we reached Paris Charles de Gaulle airport, it was already 11.20pm. Initially, I'd wanted to take the RER train and metro to our hotel in District 17, but as the trains stopped working at midnight, I didn't want to risk it.

We were approached by a man claiming to be a taxi driver who offered to take us to our hotel for 20 Euros per person. Initially, I was hesitant, but as I had no other choice, we decided to take up his offer. I was already prepared to turn down his offer if his car wasn't a proper taxi, but luckily, it was.

Finally, after all that stress, we reached Campanile hotel.
The room was quite big and the beds and pillows were clean and comfortable. The most important thing was, the air-con in the room was functional with adjustable temperature. Time to retire for the night as our adventure starts in a few hours time.

Next up: Paris Through Pictures Part 1 

No comments: