Monday 27 September 2010

Dining at Top Hat Restaurant

I think I better start blogging a bit about current things as my blog has been living in the past for a bit too long.

I'm only occupied on weekdays when the share market is open nowadays. I've been busy making and losing money. Hahaha. But overall, I'm in the profit. Recently, I've been tempted to the dark side of KLCI futures by my dad. It's totally a new level as compared to the stock market as the risks and rewards are much higher. I hope that I don't get hypertension from trading this.

Yesterday was a weekend, that's why the whole family is so free. We came across a restaurant which was features in The Star newspaper on Saturday so we decided to give it a try. Another reason why we went on a Sunday was because everything on the menu was half price.
After driving in circles, we managed to find the restaurant - Top Hat Restaurant. We didn't even expect the place to be so posh.

The restaurant was packed with people as there was a function to celebrate a baby's 1 month old birthday was ongoing when we got there. Luckily, after waiting for a few minutes, we were ushered upstairs by the owner herself. The restaurant was beautifully decorated with carved furniture, batik and songket.

My eyes popped out when I saw the prices on the menu. Luckily it was 50% off that day or I'll just stick with sky juice.


 The satay wasn't that good. I liked how pieces of lean chicken was used but the sauce was too dilute. The oxtail stew and laksa were really tasty. The oxtail was very tender and the stew itself was very rich in flavour but not salty. The laksa style was more of a Southern style of cooking where it had curry as a soup base. The portions reminded me of UK. Worth the money if you decide to dine on a Sunday.

 That's the address of the restaurant if you're interested. It's very near Petronas Twin Towers. Previously it was a detached house but now converted into this lovely restaurant.

I've found out that one of my friend has got her appointment letter for work. I wonder when will it be my turn. Hmmmmm

1 comment:

Angeline said...

Hey...

Tell me about the trading thing.. how was the seminar?

Angie