Wednesday 22 September 2010

Paris through pictures part 2

As we saw Sacre Coeur through the tiny gaps between the buildings yesterday, we decided to visit it today.

Climbing up the hill to reach Sacre Coer. There were many small shops selling souvenirs and squares with painters selling their artwork.

Sacre Coer. It looks magnificent up close.

View of Paris from the hill.

Too bad no pictures were allowed inside. I felt that there was little respect and enforcement around the cathedral as the small of urine was so strong as we made our way up the hill. The interior was very beautiful and cooling. There were paintings in the inner walls of the domes which made me wonder how on earth did they paint such fine details in such an angle.

I noticed the cute cat mural on the way down.

Small little theatre on the slopes.

Moulin Rouge - there were so many sex shops along the way. We didn't stay for cabaret as the prices for the shows were too expensive.

Narrowest escalator in one of the Metro stations.

Our first and only proper meal in Paris. My parents really enjoyed the food. My dad tried making the onion soup when he got back but I think the onions are of different species and doesn't melt even after boiling for hours. Do try the onion soup when in Paris.

Notre Dame Cathedral

So many sparrows blending in with the bushes.

It started to rain when we were queuing to get in.

The interiors were still as captivating as I remembered. Gargoyles are still the lifeless stone creatures resting in the same positions in the day. I think I've watched too much of Disney.

We stayed for the choir practice and till the rain slowed down.

Rose line leading towards Notre Dame.

With the narrow stairs leading to apartments above ground level, ever wondered how the piano and furniture were lifted up? Through the windows.

Pantheon - the resting place for many famous Parisians including Victor Hugo.

When in Paris, do as the Parisians do. Rest on the steps of the Pantheon.

My dad was gripping that signpost as tightly as he could before he turned Mary Poppins.

Luxembourg Palace

So much creativity with lumps of sugar.

Baguettes for dinner. My parents enjoyed the bread as it was crunchy on the outside and really soft inside.

Our breakfast for tomorrow. Brioche was delicious and also available at Tesco in Liverpool. Hahahaha.

Due to such efficiency in covering the major sights of Paris, I didn't know what to do with my parents for our last day in Paris. Keep reading to find out what we ended up doing.

Next: Paris through pictures part 3

No comments: