Thursday 21 October 2010

A new chapter

Here I am, typing away on my laptop on the hotel couch, pondering the challenges ahead, wondering if I can survive the next 2 lifeless years. My induction ends tomorrow after a 1.5 hours BTN test on how well one knows Malaysia. I'm still clueless as to how am I going to pass this test after a mere 4 hours lecture and a 2 hour long (to be more precise, 2 hours and 9 minutes) movie which ended with both the main actor and actresses asking each other,

'Kau masih nak aku?'

For those who are interested, the movie title was 'Hati Malaya'.

By the way, I feel really lucky to be allocated my first choice of hospital, which is University Malaya Medical Centre (UMMC or PPUM) and I'll be reporting for duty at 8.30am on Monday. 3 more days and counting down to the start of the horror. Not only that, I heard that the O&G department are lacking of housemans at the moment. Noooooo.....I don't want to start on the most difficult rotation!

2 years, it's just 2 years. 2 years of training to turn me from a useless fresh grad to a super doctor. I wonder if it really works? I would believe it more if it were to turn someone into a nutcase with the 7 till 10 working hours and 36 hours on-calls. I think I'll make an appointment with the counselor on my first day to see her after a week.

I don't know how much longer can I continue blogging. I hope that 1 fine day, I can look back at this entry and laugh at my own stupidity at this moment.

1 comment:

h.3.l.3.n said...

haha maybe its not that stressful.. just become DHL porter nia..