Thursday 25 November 2010

I miss being bored!

This always happens. I'll only learn how to cherish it once I lose it.

The good thing is, I'm learning how to cherish all the little things. That extra 10 minutes of sleep that I gained today. The 2 hours lecture that I was selected to attend out of so many house officers this afternoon. I used to hate lectures but nowadays, they give me an opportunity to clear my head and solely concentrate on learning.

I felt fortunate for the opportunity to learn about the existence of Insulin Tolerance Test which needs to be carried out under supervision over 2 hours. Too bad I couldn't stay for the whole run as I had to rush off to join my ward round and clerk the new patients who were just admitted.

I feel so lucky to be able to feed and water myself during oncalls nowadays when I didn't get the chance last time. I was touched that the nurses offered me KFC in the middle of the night when I was doing my call. The best thing was, I was offered chocolate in the morning by nurses from my own ward.

I still do miss being bored despite all the things that I'm grateful for. When will be the next time that I'll get to feel as bored as I use to while waiting for my posting. Retirement, why are you so far away?

2 comments:

[Mike] said...

Hopefully, you have some vacation....right?

You should be able to look forward to your vacation....before your retirement.

If you don't get vacation....you should take a week off anyway....and relax at a resort on the beach.

Windchaser said...

i'm planning to take leave but not sure when will be the best time.