Saturday 29 January 2011

I'm living a dream experience

I've removed a chest drain under local anaesthetic and closing the wound with one stitch, removed a CVL, completed 4 transfer summaries, finished my usual jobs as a HO on Paeds ICU, all within the span of 12 hours on a normal working day. This is the first time that I actually felt that I've accomplished a lot and am proud of it. Not sure what else will I be expected to do next.

I'll be going oncall tomorrow from 9am onwards and will only be able to collapse on my bed on Monday evening. This will be followed by oncall on Tuesday till Wednesday morning when my leave officially starts for Chinese New Year! Yay!!! The only sad part to this is, I'm immediately oncall the day I return to work. Haih...

Even after complaining about the workload during the first poster's meeting with the Deputy Director of the Hospital, he said that my complaints sounded like a dream experience. So, complaints have little effect on anything.

I'll be going oncall 8 times this month, including the call tomorrow. This is a dream experience. (Repeats to self) This is a dream experience. (Repeats to self). This is a dream experience.....(will continue brain washing myself till this becomes real)

No comments: