Saturday 8 January 2011

Makan-makan

Food to recharge on weekend half-days when I get the chance to breath some fresh air. Been working non-stop for at least a month and only got 1 day off on Christmas day to step foot into my own house.

Corner shop at SS. If you go to the one with most people waiting for empty seats, then you won't be wrong. The food there is delicious but very expensive considering the portion and price. Don't order the Wan Ton Mee if the chef is not manning the kitchen himself as the noodles I had was too soggy.

You don't have to go all the way to Ipoh to have the best Tauge (beansprout) Chicken Rice. You can find this branch really near to UMMC. Do order the meat balls as it's delicious. It's pork minced with dried squid in delicious broth made of squid too. Yummy. Not forgetting to mention that the beansprouts here are really short, fat and juicy.

We complained to our waiter that the last time we ordered half a chicken (RM16), it didn't come with a drumstick and he guaranteed that if we didn't get our drumstick this time, we can ask for a refund. Hahahaha. One of the best chicken rice in town! Highly recommended. The meat is soft, juicy and flavourful.
I am a big fan of Beef Noodles and this is the 2nd best beef noodles that I've eaten so far. Located at Petaling Street, one small run-down shop with loads of people waiting for seats.

Oncall again tomorrow!!!!! I hate it. Been oncall on Friday into Saturday and I've been hibernating the whole of today to recharge for tomorrow. How I wish that I can sleep as long as I want and whenever I feel like it. Miss those good old days of medical school and prior to starting housemanship. Hehehehe.

Working is more than just doing your job and playing your role. Having irresponsible colleagues really make life difficult. Just because of some people who decides to not do their own calls this weekend as they're back in their hometown, I have to do an extra call tomorrow. If I can, I would strangle them alive. At least that's a better reason for not being able to do calls.

No comments: