Saturday 12 February 2011

CNY food post

Celebrating Chinese New Year at home felt just like yesterday. How I miss collecting Ang Pows. Hahahaha.

This beautifully decorated area which looks like a scene from a Chinese movie is actually in MidValley shopping centre. Very impressive.

Reminded me of my past where I used to make my parents follow the truck carrying the lion dance equipments and dancers cause I loved to watch the performance.

Pasta Zanmai - This unique restaurant chain serves fusion Japanese-Italian food. I ordered the Mini Hotpot Seafood Noodles with Crabmeat Tortilla Roll topped with Spicy Mayannaise. Delicious!

Attended RHBcap Market Chat. The atmosphere felt like I was in a real stock market looking at all the live charts. Got a lot of tips and pointers to adjusting my portfolio.

Thanks to my colleague LC, we had Malaysian version of Western food at Gaga roadside stall. Really delicious pork chop for just RM 10.50. Had my first drink of Cincau since I got back.

Pork noodles at Petaling Jaya.




I'm still searching for Japanese buffet around my area cause I miss Japanese food. Malaysian sushi is still much nicer as compared to the Tesco in UK as they use authentic Japanese rice even if it's sold at supermarkets. Had too much of Wasabi at one point that I almost cried.

The Loaf - Tried the newly introduced Tuna Bun topped with olives for RM 1.60 each. So cheap as compared to the usual price of RM 3.20. There was Croque Monsieur available too but I didn't try it. 

My grandmother came to stay with us for a few days over Chinese New Year and she enjoyed tasting all sorts of food including the previous Tuna Bun. I even cooked Babi Pongteh, a Baba Nyonya dish for her to try. That piece of pork was put to great use as my practice area for suturing. Hahaha. No worries, STO (sutures to open) was carried out prior to cooking.

This afternoon, after my half day at work, we went to the corner shop at Petaling Jaya for lunch. The food there was reasonably priced and delicious! I really like the Dried version of Yee Mee which had enough topping on it and the sauce was just nice. We tried the wrapped popiah with seaweed which was something different.

I was really proud of myself yesterday cause I did my first lumbar puncture successfully on first try under supervision from my nice MO. It was my prof who gave me that opportunity even though I was quite nervous about it at first and didn't expect her to be so confident of me. Really, I will definitely miss PICU after moving to orthopaedics next. Who knows I will be carrying manipulation under Bier's block for Colles' fracture or even amputations. Hmmmmm.....

I'm still yet to have my beef noodles cause it's so difficult to find beef in PJ as most Chinese are Buddhists here. At least there's no recurrence of that same dream of searching for beef noodles in my dreams. 

No comments: