Wednesday 2 February 2011

Dreaming

'Let's go to have beef noodles. I know a shop which is famous for it along this street', as I enthusiastically led my colleague down the street.

We approached this rundown wooden shack with its low zinc roof  looking so out of place surrounded by modern shop lots and yet it so lively with customers having their meal, cooks preparing the dishes and waiters running up and down.

'Why don't we try this place instead of the corner shop down the road?', I asked my colleague and we made our way inside.

I counted my lucky stars as there were empty seats. Taking in the aroma of the boiling beef soup which was stimulating my saliva glands, I searched for the stall's owner to take our orders.....

Then, I opened my eyes, after all that walking and hunting for seats, I'd just turned 45 degrees from my initial sleeping position after hibernating post-call. Haih.....I was so close to having beef noodles and I could actually smell it!

That was how I started my 4 days leave for Chinese New Year with such a funny dream post-call. Hahahahahaha. Beef noodles anyone?

Gong Xi Fa Cai and may the year of the rabbit bring good luck to everyone!

No comments: