Friday 4 January 2008

New Year, New Blog

A new year, a new blog. I don't know if this will last as I am not a very dedicated person in writing blogs.

Experiencing the holiday withdrawal syndrome after coming back from a week of skiing in La Plagne, followed by the tour of Lyon, France, and finally 2 nights in London.







La Plagne, France - the place where I overcame fear and pain. Skiing was difficult, I must admit.


Went with 12 other good friends studying around the UK. With such a big group of people, there was never a moment when I felt bored. Even our ski instructor commented that we were too noisy.


There were really funny moments, there were sad moment, but worse of all, I had to push myself every morning at every new slope to conquer the fear of falling and the pain when first putting the ski boots on. It seriously hurt with each step I took. I don't know if it is the body's defense mechanism or was it just me that got used to the pain, this usually lasts for the first hour. After that, I wouldn't have time to worry about the pain but to worry about how am I going to get myself down that really steep slope. It was scary watching people fall on their way down while waiting for my turn. It was even scarier when you stopped halfway on the slope waiting for the person in front of you to ski further before proceeding. Even stopping at the same spot takes up a lot of energy.






My favourite picture! All the girls lying in the snow.













Christmas Eve dinner - Layout 99%, Started and Main course 70%, Desserts 100%.






Thought that I could lose weight while skiing, but I was so wrong. The food that were served at UCPA was really delicious. I think I've practically tried most of French cuisine during the 7 days when I was there.


Conquered Mt Blanc! I wish. First thought when I reached there. The view was breath taking! But how am I going to get down from here!!!! Noooooo..... The journey down was really scary. Had so many adrenaline rushes that I lost count of them. Glad that everyone made it back safely.



Lyon, France







What can I saw about Lyon. Really peaceful and beautiful city. Loved that place.




Our group was down to 6 when we reached Lyon. 2 decided to go back straight after the ski trip and another half decided to tour Geneva first before flying back to Manchester.

We started our Lyon trip with a pleasant surprise. We didn't know that we were staying at a 4 star hotel! The accommodation was really grand for the price that we're paying. just 43.30 euro for 2 nights! The hotel made a mistake that they didn't receive out booking for a 6 person apartment. In the end, they provided us with 2 rooms, one single room with double bed and another room with 2 double beds in it. The reception even told us that the jacuzzi and gym was free to our usage from 5pm till 11pm. Felt really pampered. However, due to tiredness and lazyness, none of us used any of that facility. Hahaha.

Ate Kebab on the first night as we couldn't find an affordable nice restaurant at the hour. Before that, we did ask the reception if there were any nice restaurants around for us to have our dinner. His first question was, did you drive here. I really wanted to say yes, but we took bus number 11 a.k.a walked all the way from the train station to that hotel. At first, he recommended some high class restaurant and even offered to book for us. After that, it was a hugh contrast, he recommended pizza delivery instead (which we did order for the following night).








Everybody....hang on!!!!!





Our tour of the town began the next morning. We walked around the old town area, went up to the old cathedral on the top of the hill. Luckily there was a funicular. I cannot imagine myself climbing up stairs that height to reach there. We could see the whole of Lyon from up there.

There are more to Lyon, but I think I'll save it for next time. There are just too many stories to tell. Haven't even mentioned about what happened in London. Till next time. Happy New Year.

6 comments:

Sakura said...

Wah Noreen. New Blog heh? Nice trip. I want to ski too!!-ernie-

Sakura said...

Wah Noreen! New Blog. Nice trip. I want to ski too! -ernie-

h.3.l.3.n said...

noreen??!?! u blog too?? kaka i didnt know..

Windchaser said...

ya sifu. just started cause want to tell the stories of my travels to a few people before i forget and too lazy to repeat the same story over and over.

Grace said...

hey i read the newer entry b4 this .. ahaha wow a hotel for such a price.. tht's awesome!! talk about good hotels..i've onli been to the one ur dad sponsored and the one in graduation .. ahhaha both such sweet memories..

Windchaser said...

waaah...thanks mei lin. will tell my dad. hahaha.