Sunday 4 May 2008

2 exhibitions and lunch at Manchester

I went with M to Manchester today for the British Dental Conference and Exhibition at Manchester today. There were so many really good freebies up for grabs. Ended up collecting two bags full of stuff.
So heavy! I think they weigh close to 7kg.

These were all the stuff I collected. It ranged from tooth brushes, tooth paste, notebooks, notepads, mouthwash, pens and pencils, dental floss, puzzles to even USB drives (256MB each)!

Dragged all my presents from the conference to Tai Wu to eat Dim Sum

The food was delicious thanks to M who was really good at choosing and ordering. I wished that we had cheap, delicious and strategically located Chinese restaurants in Liverpool as well.

We were planning to go home after lunch, but as we walked towards the train station, we came across the advertisement of an exhibition on Manga which was going on at Urbis. So, since we were there, why not drop by to visit that exhibition as well.

Urbis
The poster for the exhibition: How Manga took over the world?

I really did enjoy myself there. The characters were all so cute and colourful.

The drawings ranged from distorted to actual proportions. However, the trademark big eyes, small nose and mouth were still present.

Figures ranged from really tiny ones ....

To big ones which are as big or bigger than a real person. Human in the middle is to be used as a reference to the actual size.

Moshi moshi

Crazy girl in wonderland

I really like this poster.

What movie is this?

I don't even know what am I doing here. Kicked by the panda?

A dose of vitamin plus Manga a day keeps the doctor away

Pokemon is so influencial that the whole plane is decorated by the characters. I want to buy this as my personal jet if I am rich enough to do that in future.

M and I

Manga version of Starwars

Japanese do have weird fashion sense:

I started laughing when I saw his yellow...emmm...skirt? pants?

For guys who wish to look taller the cool way

Fashion trend for this Summer

There were two other floors at Urbis containing exhibitions on Natural Gardening and Fashion Design by Matthew Williamson. Gardening was boring, therefore it isn't covered in this entry.

Wondered if you noticed what was the skirt on the top left picture made of.

I can never qualify to be a model. Height is already the biggest obstacle followed closely by weight and talents. Will leave the job to the professionals.

We stopped by the souvenir shop on the way out. They sold some really interesting things.

I really like the dolls based on Naruto characters.(Picture bottom left) I used to have a Sailormoon and Sailormars doll at home, whose ownership has been transferred to my sister.

I wished the remote control to control a man works! Too bad I didn't bring my camera and used my phone's camera. The resolution wasn't high enough to capture the words on the remote. (Picture bottom right)

We raced toy cars in the past, now, we race Grannies against each other. (Picture top right)


What time is the next bus?

Finally, we took the free shuttle to the train station and made our way back to Liverpool. With the nice sunny weather, loads of free stuff and interesting exhibitions, I can say that today was one of the most enjoyable days in England. Thanks M for convincing me to go.

2 comments:

Sakura said...

wah noreen. you're crazy la took lots of things. I want alsola!
btw, I've seen the real pokemon flights in osaka last time. Really exist. And where did you get the infos about the mangas exhibition. Cool la!

h.3.l.3.n said...

omG u r having Loads of fun there!! i wana join tooooo