Monday 16 June 2008

Exam de-stress or should it be adding stress?

Before I start on my story about what happened after I've officially finished my exam on the 9th of June, I just couldn't resist from blogging about the food I ate in the past 2 days in Malaysia. It's not much, but it is just for the sake of making a few people who decided not to come back this summer jealous. Hehehehe.

First food I ate was noodles in fish head sup. The big bowl on the left cost only RM10 and it was enough to fill 4 person up. Cheap and nice, that's what I call a good bargain. The shop is located in Kepong which is near my house. So, anyone wants to try, I can offer to bring you there provided that I remember how to get there.

This morning's breakfast was Wan Tan Mee (1 ton of noodles, just joking. It just sounds the same). It was only eating it that I realised how much I miss it. RM 3.60.

Lunch: Chap Choi Fan (Mixed dishes with rice). It's self service where you get to choose any dishes from about 50 choices. I took 3 dishes including Ku Lou Yok - the reddish looking meat (it's pork coated with flour and fried before stirring in the tomato sauce), mushrooms (mixture of black mushroom and golden needle mushroom) and small Kai Lan (my favourite local vegetable). RM3.50.

It was accompanied by a cup of Soya Bean. RM 1.20. Dinner was always home cooked meals by my parents. Hehe. I wanted to help them out but they said don't steal the work from retired people.

After straying from the main topic for so long. It finally starts now.

Right after I finished Osce, I met up with F to go to town to get birthday presents for 2 persons who were getting old. It is always difficult trying to get Birthday gifts for people and we were practically going round and round in circles around town. I'm so happy that both of them liked the presents we chose.

After spending about 3 hours, we finally got the presents sorted. Stopped by Zara Furniture and saw a few really cute things:

Lego cutleries. Quite innovative. It does make arranging cutleries in an organised manner easy.
Another version of the cute cutleries
The shape is the typical glass where they serve Chinese tea in but they're just in different colours.

After getting the presents, the next task was to give them to the 2 person before I leave for my trip and before they go back to Malaysia. We managed to catch hold of one of them in town and F trick the other one by using Osce tips as a bait.

Met T and one of the Birthday girl, GM in town and we decided to make Sushi for dinner. At that time, I still need to start packing for my trip to Nice the next morning and start packing to move my things into storage. Hmmmm, don't ask me how I manage to do everything including making Sushi that night but all I can say was, it was really stressful!

We took about 3 hours to make the Sushi but the wait was worth it.

The sweet egg rolls were too small for filling on top of sushi, so, we decided to let it take over the role of seaweed to hold the salmon in place.

GM made some Japanese - Chinese soup fusion. Sorry, I cannot remember the name of it.

Tadaa! The sushi which we made. T was the best Sushi roller among us. She can be qualified to work at a Sushi bar.

I reached home around 12.30am that night. My flight to Nice was at 6.50am so I had to leave around 4.30am. Plus, I haven't even started packing! I guess you all have come to the conclusion that I didn't sleep that night, which is very true. Usually after exams, people usually relax and just laze around to de-stress, but for me on the other hand, I was prancing around town, made sushi, rushing to pack for my 3 day trip to Nice and for storage, move my things into storage before finally flying back to Malaysia for summer. Phew, that's a hectic lifestyle but it was all worth it.

My next entry will be about Nice and Monaco. Till then, take care.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.