Sunday 15 June 2008

Liverpool One and Albert Dock

Finally, after 3 weeks of hiatus due to exams and travelling, I'm back!

This is my first time blogging from Malaysia. The differences are:
  • it's 6 am in the morning and surprisingly I'm awake (due to jetlag)
  • it's really warm even with the fan blowing at me at full blast
  • I'm finding that breathing takes a bit more effort with the heavy moisture in the air
  • mosquitoes flying around and knowing that I've been bitten as my legs are itching at the moment.
Phew, life as a blogger in Malaysia is not easy.

My entry today starts from 3rd of June, the day I finished my papers for the exams. We were supposed to start worrying about Osce but at that point, everyone's reaction was, 'Osce? What Osce?'

All of us were really low on fuel and high in hungry after torturing our poor brains with EMQs for 2 hours. So, first stop was of course to refill. We had lunch at Tokyou which was a Thai-Malaysian-Japanese fusion restaurant.

From Chinese stir fried noodles to Japanese fried seaweed. They were delicious! I really liked the seaweed as I was expecting it to be soft but turned out that it was crunchy.

I ordered Salmon in Teriyaki sauce which was served on sizzling hotplate. The presentation was impressive. I could barely see through my foggy glasses. They fried the salmon first before pouring the sauce over it.

It is always nice eating with so many people as I got to taste a variety of food as they didn't mind sharing.After a really nice meal, we set off for Liverpool One. For those who are interested in dining at Tokyou, it's very near Chinatown, on the row of shops just before the arch on Berry Street.

Liverpool One

It will be officially open in September 2008 but everyone is already hyped up with its soft opening. My friend who went a few days before told me that even people from Manchester came to check it out.I really liked the place. It grouped all the shops in one place. One thing about UK, the shops, no matter how new they are will always be similar as they are chain stores. So, the only 'new' shop we have is Debenhams first outlet in Liverpool city centre. Even that was a chain store. I saw a new Apple store coming up but the shop is still in renovation.

There's a shop where you can make your own teddy and dress it up in really cute clothes and accessories. They even have shoes, glasses and Disney costumes custom made for teddy bears only. The price however, were more expensive than human infant clothes. So, unless you have extra money to spare, these teddy bears are a luxury. There's a big Goofy figure at Disney store as well.

Liverpool One made Albert Dock more accessible now as it connected Albert Dock to Church Street. (I hope I'm right on this as I'm really bad with street names and navigation)

Albert Dock

Albert dock is always so serene and beautiful. I've been here so many times with friends who came to visit as it is a not-to-be-missed tourist spot. It was always me showing people around and the last time I played the role of a tourist was 3 years back. So, this time, we decided that as true students studying in Liverpool, we have to re-enforce our knowledge of Liverpool thus we became tourists again for the visit this time around.

The Giant anchor in front of Maritime museum. There are no limit to the number of poses for photos that we can come up with.

The different shops at Albert Dock. My friends went crazy at the sweets shop. There were just too many sweets to choose from. Too bad, I'm not a big fan of sweets.

Solution to over-sleeping. Get the biggest and loudest alarm clock!

I think they do try so hard to make Crocs more appealing but unsuccessful.

The pigeons here are so lazy! Too lazy to even stand properly.

Below are just crazy photos we took at the Riveside walk.

There's always a reason why we're not doing modelling.
From Charlie Angles, shadow play to being scolded by a tall person trying to look taller. We seriously let our creativity run wild.It's not Elvis but someone else. I've forgotten who.Don't even ask me what is that thing.
I think this may be the most normal looking photo out of the rest.

We looked like this at the end of the day. At least we managed to relax and took Osce off our minds for half a day. Back to exam stress again.

No comments: