Sunday 21 September 2008

Hope Street Feast 08

It had been a quiet Saturday and Sunday morning till I received a phone call from M informing me about the festival which was going on at Hope Street. I didn't expect my afternoon to be filled with laughter, fun and excitement as I was just planning to do some boring but necessary grocery shopping.

What a nice sunny day to be out!

It does seem like summer now when you see people just sitting down on steps enjoying the sun.

The world's most famous conductor passing through. I was wondering was he conducting the way we were walking.

At one point, I saw this little kid getting 'money' from this wierd looking cashpoint.

Even keying in your pin was automated.

So, we decided to queue up as well.

Very user-friendly cash machine.

Finally, my 100 Neuros to spend at the feast!

Neuros was the currency used at the Market of Optimism.

10 Neuro for a golden egg

M looks so cute here

The guardian of the golden eggs

10 Neuros to dance your worries or despairs away

I prefer to pay 10 Neuros for some essence of childhood

Grow the money tree, joyous delirium or magic beans here. V and I were made to sing a Malaysian song before getting our 'magic' plant so we ended up singing Rasa Sayang and getting sprinkled with red glitter all over our heads. There were special spells that came with the plant for it to work. Mine was, water your plant with 2 cups of tea every morning and fertilize with a spoonful of sugar every Sunday. I don't think it'll survive.

The Magic Lamp stall grant people any number of wishes they want. They just enjoy making a fool out of people. The more wishes you want, the sillier the things they do to you. Which included using the 'super clean' cloth to clean your ears out, making bystanders balance pots on the head and shoulders of the poor fella making the wish.

Big dance group which involved the crowd.

Fancy some brass music?


Spanish stall

There were so many types of food to eat. From Spanish Paella to different types of cheese. I bought the Cranberry flavoured, and Parsley and Garlic flavoured cheese for 4 pounds. I think I'll put on 1kg per block of cheese after finishing them.

Pink motorcycle. Glittery as well.

Hmmm, the Guardian Angel's stall had a deck of cards. Cho Dai Di anyone? Maybe that's how they occupy their time up there.

Most English looking Superlambanana statue.

Another view

He was painting on the spot without any sketches or references to paper plans. Awesome.

First time being able to stand in the middle of the road during the day time without being knocked down. It's because they closed the road for this special occasion.

May everyone gain some hope from reading. I know I've gained not only hope but lots of laughter from it.

No comments: