Tuesday 24 February 2009

Pancake Day!

It's Pancake Day today, or officially known as Shrove Tuesday. Eating pancake is a tradition before the start of Lent.
Savoury pancake
Sweet pancake. Is your mouth watering?

Me too. How I miss the Dutch pancakes that I had when I went to Amsterdam 3 Easters ago. Oh my, that's a really long time ago.

PL and ML. I miss those times. Everyone was still so excited as it was our first trip out of UK!

AL and PP preparing for the attack

All photos has to be credited to AL cause they're from her camera. I couldn't find my photos as I left them back in Malaysia. Regretting now.

That day, after cycling for 4 hours, we came across this little Dutch pancake restaurant. Little did we know that we would cycle for another 5 hours after being recommended by the waitress that we visit Marken, a small fishing village, get lost on the way home, reached Amsterdam at 10pm, and wake up with whole body aches the next morning.

All the girls waiting for our dinner. I miss Amsterdam!

I did make some pancakes today. There were so many types of pancake, namely English pancake, French pancake, American pancake. I decided to try making the American pancake as it sounded more fattening.

The chaos I cause in the kitchen

Tadaa!

They taste as delicious as they look. American pancakes are thick and soft. They're quite easy to make as well. Just need flour, eggs, salt, baking powder and milk. I got the recipe from the Internet.

Since Pancake day marks the day before Lent, tell me what you're thinking of giving up this year and report back on Easter of your success and (hopefully not) failures. I can't wait for the Easter holidays!

No comments: