Monday 9 March 2009

To nap or not to nap, that is the question.

On one hand, one group of researchers are saying that napping is good. On the other hand, another group of researchers are saying that it increases your risk of developing Type II Diabetes.

Let's look at the benefits of napping:
  1. 37% reduction in cardiovascular diseases, especially among men.
  2. Increase productivity after.
That is why my motto is 'Sleep first, work later'. I do find that I can concentrate better after a quick nap.

The disadvantages of napping:
  1. 27% increase in the risk of developing Type II Diabetes.
  2. Disrupts night-time sleep.
Should I or should I not continue my habit of taking naps?

By the way, did you know that it's National Napping Day today!!! Best excuse to catch some ZZzzzzz.

No comments: