Thursday 5 March 2009

Karaoke on V's Birthday

It was V's birthday on Tuesday and I was invited to her birthday party. This time, with an opportunity to croak without anyone asking you to shut up.

I'll let the pictures do the 'croaking'.

Opening act by M

R and C demonstrated how cold the room was when we got in.

My turn. I practically murdered all the songs I picked, including 'Bring me to life' by Evanescence and 'Careless whispers' by George Michael.

Busy choosing songs. Sorry for deleting the playlist unintentionally when I went to mess about with the menu.

The ceiling was actually mirrors. How typical of a karaoke room.

Deep fried fish ball coated in breadcrumbs with Mayonnaise. Yummy.

It was hard work juggling between wanting to eat and wanting to sing at the same time. Too bad humans are born with only 1 mouth.

Birthday girl holding her birthday cake.

I love the candles!

Groupie 1
Groupie 2
Bringing the house down

V's singing was the most impressive that night. We were all mesmerized by her. Good voice control, appropriate facial expression and expressed in full emotion. Hahaha, I sound like one of the Malaysian Idol judges.

One thing that I was impressed with was the sensitivity of the microphones. It amplifies your voice even when you're singing really softly. Feel like karaoke-ing again but this time, only by myself in the room unless you want to join me, but bring along some ear plugs or be prepared for a bad headache.

No comments: