Tuesday 17 March 2009

World Sleep Day

It's official. I think I suffer from narcolepsy. I can fall asleep even after a dose of Starbucks coffee.

Just wanted to announce that it's World Sleep Day on the 20th of March 2009.

This year's slogan is 'Drive alert, arrive safe'.

The World Sleep Day's declaration is as below:
  • Whereas, sleepiness and sleeplessness constitute a global epidemic that threatens health and quality of life,
  • Whereas, much can be done to prevent and treat sleepiness and sleeplessness,
  • Whereas, professional and public awareness are the firsts steps to action,
  • We hereby DECLARE that the disorders of sleep are preventable and treatable medical conditions in every country of the world.
Sleeping is so much more interesting as compared to homework and revision. I know this is one of my most useless post so just ignore it. I'm just too bored.

2 comments:

sm said...

noreen!! 17march! exactly a year since u came to dub! :D

Windchaser said...

I didn't even realise. Those were the good old days. I'll definitely come visit you again....once the exchange rates improve. Hahaha. Good luck with exams and have a nice Easter.