Sunday 16 May 2010

Compilation of food related events

Let's begin with the Colloquium on the Prospects of Health Practitioners in Malaysia that I attended on a Saturday, two weeks ago. I just realised that I haven't been blogging in such a long time.
The Perak State Health Director gave a comprehensive talk on the health care system of Malaysia, working conditions of houseman back home, basic salaries and promotion opportunities. It ended with a Q&A session which I thought went on for too long and some answers were quite childish for example, when we asked about support available for doctors who face depression, the answer was 'Go talk to your boyfriend, family member or turn to God to seek guidance'. In other words, being depressed is not an options as there's no external support at all. The worst thing is, I can't believe that this was said by a doctor doing her PhD in Manchester. If you want more details about the talk, contact me.

We went to Rusholme street, the famous curry mile for dinner.

The portions were large. We shared the mixed grilled between the 3 of us and still struggled to finish it. I liked the curry mushroom. Stopped at Moonlight, a corner shop for ice-cream, cakes and desserts. I loved the chocolate cake there.

Red Hot Buffet:
The time for me to enjoy all the seafood I like which explains all the picture of calamaris, mussels and more mussels. I have to remind myself not to go for anymore buffet after this. Graduation is just round the corner.

Yee Rah:
The best dishes are still the Singaporean Stir Fried noodles and curries. I liked the papaya salad too.


Before I get too distracted, the main reason for this meal was to meet up with PG and SM whom I haven't met in ages!

To me, it didn't seem that long as time flies really quick when I'm busy. I wished I could say studying but I was busy with many other stuff like planning trips, going on trips etc. Hahahaha.

Dim Sum:
Standard Dim Sum at Mei Mei Restaurant. I had to order the Dong Fung Wo as it's not available in Malaysia. Apparently most Dim Sum in the UK are nicer than the ones back home but because I rarely eat out last time, so I cannot comment.

Hada's Birthday:
All prepared to surprise her.

Birthday girl!

There were two cakes, one strawberry cheese cake and another a giant biscuit from Millie Cookies.

Hada with all her presents
Happy 23rd birthday! May all your wishes come true.

Nandos:
I had the royalty card which I could claim half a chicken at that time, so, I ordered the Caesar Salad to go with it, which turned out to be really delicious. Don't be fooled by the salad as it had tons of cheese on it. Loved the dressing.

Bistro Pierre:
Met up with M and ME who came all the way from Singapore to visit after 2 years. That's a long time. It was nice to know that they are doing well with their internship and are going to start work as full fledged lawyers soon. The lunch menu was really worth every penny. I had prawn salad, pasta and creme brulee which were all so delicious. I'm definitely bringing my parents here for lunch.

That was a lot of food. Hope that you've enjoyed reading. I'm already starving blogging about it and I had..

 
Cantonese Stir fried noodles for brunch. What a good life.

No comments: