Wednesday 1 April 2009

Day out after exams

Let me start with how delicious the Apam Balik which my flatmate made for me the other day. I didn't realise how much I miss it until I took the first bite. Glad to have flatmates who are so good at cooking.

Apam Balik with nuts and sweet corn. Yummy!

After the 2 days of papers and self-marking, finally, my Easter holiday is officially started! I was still so tired and lack of sleep, but still followed my friends to town after throwing somebody at the train station, mainly to buy groceries.

On our way back, we stopped at Qwaffs, a waffle and pancake house on Bold Street.

The atmosphere was welcoming and soothing.

Loved the pictures of Liverpool decorating the walls.

My friend ordered Panini with tuna filling. It was crunchy but I thought that I could have made a tastier tuna Panini myself.

Another ordered waffle with chocolate syrup.

And mine was waffle with Toffee fudge ice-cream. The waffle was a bit burnt but other than that, I had no complains. It came with a drink in a meal deal of 5 pounds. I can't say that I'll go back again cause it lacks uniqueness and price was a bit expensive for just a normal waffle.

At least it did cheer me up and stopped my stomach complaining of hunger for that day.

I'm so looking forward to the trip to Athens. Not looking forward to the torturous week to come with a super strict Sensei before the trip. Haih..why did I put myself into this?

2 comments:

thedivinekiss said...

Woah. I haven't been visiting your blog for some time. Always love your food pictures...I want an Apam Balik too! Have fun in Athens...

Windchaser said...

thank you. what to do, being a malaysian, food is always a priority. will definitely have fun at athens. thanks and take care.