Monday 31 August 2009

Matthew Street Festival 09

Y3 came on Sunday for the Matthew Street Festival, which was running over these 2 days. Of course, her main purpose was to visit me. Hahaha.

We visited the Walker Art Gallery and went for the concert at Tunnel stage. That day's selection of songs were from the older generation. We stayed for Santana and Pink Floyd but left for lunch shortly after.

I took Y3 to the Malaysian restaurant here and according to her facebook message, she strongly agrees that the ice Milo here is definitely better than Birmingham. Hahaha. I was too hungry, therefore no photos of the food.


Now this is what I consider hardcore photographer.

I was glad to say that I've achieved my main objective that day, which was to allow Y3 shop till she was content. Too bad the weather wasn't that great in the afternoon and we were drenched while waiting at the bus stop.

31st August 2009 - 52th Independence Day. Merdeka!

Each year, the numbers increase and the number of years I missed celebrating it back home increases too. I wonder how nice would it be to celebrate it with my family back home. Lucky for us Malaysians in Liverpool, we get to celebrate it Liverpool style by attending outdoor concerts in conjunction with Matthew Street Festival this Bank Holiday.

Met up for lunch at Kimos. We had lamb kebab, lamb curry and someone wanted to be different, so he ordered English breakfast. Later that afternoon while waiting for King of Leon performance, P and I went to Eddie Rockets to have milkshake.

The crowd was 5 times the size as compared to yesterday.

Tribute to The Killers


Williamson Square Stage just below the Radio City Tower.

Back to Tunnel Stage again to catch Kins of Leon

So many people!


Amy Wynehouse - tribute to the real singer.


Final act - Kins of Leon. P really enjoyed the show and so did I, even though I don't really know them.

A great end to the summer holidays. Tomorrow will be the start of 5th year. I know I kept on saying that I wished to be in 5th year while I was preparing for my finals and yet, when the moment arrives, I'm starting to miss the holidays so much that I want to turn back the time. I can never be contented!

Welcome back to whoever's back. Let's meet up for dinner or something.

1 comment:

prish said...

KINS OF LEON!! woohoo..u've got the video clip up as well..not bad! really enjoyed our day out..thank you so much!