Thursday 8 October 2009

shouldn't have planned, seriously shouldn't have even thought about going anywhere

Even if it is mentioned in the handbook that we're not supposed to be out of Liverpool during reflection week, but I think at least 80% of the 5th year students will be some part of the globe other than Liverpool during that week.

I booked a flight to Prague then flying back to London so that I could make my visa for Morocco on Friday of reflection week. Thinking that everything will go smoothly, I asked my consultant if I could arrange for a meeting with him next week for the final feedback. Guess what, he's away tomorrow onwards and the whole of next week and he will only be back on the Monday that I'm supposed to fly to Prague.

Great, now what. Went to see his secretary after abandoning him in his Cath Lab, set a time to meet on Monday, which I had a really bad feeling that if I want to get it done on that day, I wouldn't be able to catch my flight. In other words, the possibility of my canceling my flight was close to 100%.

Decided to go home after seeing his secretary cause was too depressed and my mind wasn't thinking straight. Was worried how should I break the news to my travel partner, thinking of whether is there any chance that I could maybe go a day later to Prague.

Came home, checked air ticket....there's no flight on Tuesday evening....it's either 89 pounds to fly on Wednesday morning. But what the point? half a day in Prague then flying back the next morning. Too sad and tired to think, decided to take a 2.5 hours long nap. Was rushing my essay the last few days cause I thought I could hand it in next Monday and there won't be any obstacles to my trip. How wrong was I. If anyone asked me if I went through bereavement before? I think I can answer yes because I went through all 5 stages of grieve from denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance. Ok, initially I did think that it was denial, anger, blame, guilt and acceptance. Someone told me that I should form my own theory.

Woke up from my nap, had a 'Eureka' moment. That's the power of napping. Found cheap ticket from Prague to Liverpool on Thursday. Better to burn London trip rather than Prague trip right? Bought it as backup. The only thing now is, to see the secretary and seriously hope that my consultant is free on the dateline to hand-in my feedback form. Or should I just try my luck to get everything done on Monday and save both the Prague and London trip? Or should I just hand-in essay on Monday, meet him on Friday for final peta meeting?

Haih.......obstacles, obstacles. This is what life is all about.

1 comment:

pp said...

aiyoo...yahla, this tutors, alwiz away at the wrong time 1.. sometimes wana plan things also hard..haih..
good luck..see u in london..hehe