Saturday 24 October 2009

Siu Mai - the 2nd and successful attempt

Today, I even went down to Chinatown to get salted egg as the yolk is used as the orange garnishing for Siu Mai.

It's 40p each and is so difficult to get. Maybe I could make it myself but I'm not even a big fan of salted egg, so why the hassle? I think this will be the first and last time I buy it in Liverpool.

I added more chicken, water chestnut and sugar to the mixture to try to reduce the saltiness.
It worked!

Steaming in progress.

Now, this is what I call successful Siu Mai.

Hope that those of you who came over enjoyed it. Remember the taste as I don't think I'll be making anymore in the near future. Too much hassle and too lazy. Muahahaha.

2 comments:

prish said...

haha u found the salted eggs!!!!

Y Y Y said...

wahh..siu mai.. i want!!!