Sunday 24 February 2008

Culture Fusion

22nd Feb 08: Culture Fusion

Culture Fusion is a charity event organised by our Guild of Students where all International societies were asked to contribute in either a performance or setting up a stall during the event on Friday evening.

As more than 50% of our Malaysian Night dancers were out of Liverpool that day, our society was persuaded (actually in other words, I was persuaded) into setting up a stall instead.

I felt so fortunate that I had this group of friends who were willing to come help me out during the event as well as in the preparations for the event. We managed to showcase traditional Malay games: Batu Seremban, Tutup Botol and Sepak Takraw; traditional clothes and promoted Liverpool Malaysian Night 08 as well! Most of the clothes were mine, which was really handy.

Yup, talking about Malaysian Night 08, it'll be on the 14th of March, 7pm, Guild of Students. Do come and support cause I'll be in the Chinese fan dance and the Banghra dance.

I think it was from the experience promoting the society and talking to people at the International student fair and Freshers fair that I was really comfortable talking to people at that time.

One funny incident was when I was going through some of my holiday photos taken on my trips to Ipoh, Penang, Sabah and Sarawak with just 1 person, the crowd slowly grew larger and larger. I felt like I was giving a lecture or something. Glad that people liked listening to my grandmother stories.

One 1st year medic who came to help out asked me if 3rd year was very free cause he saw me at dance practices, meetings and then at Culture Fusion that night as well. Haih....people do judge the book by its cover. If I really had the choice, I would have preferred to spend those time revising, sleeping, blogging, watching anime, etc. Well, what can I say, it's commitment which I had promised the society the day I ran for the Secretary post. I'm seriously looking forward to Malaysian Night and of course, the AGM.

2 comments:

Sakura said...

My God! Noreen should I go or not to the Malaysian NIght??? I've bought the ticket to Liverpool on the 13th. Just my mood not stable. Haiya.

Windchaser said...

haih, why is your name sakura here. nevermind, dear sakura, don't force yourself if you can't make it. i'm sure time will heal but it might take longer than what you expect. so, don't worry too much.