Sunday 24 February 2008

Midcourse Dinner

Yay! We all made it to 3rd year. Which made this dinner very meaningful. I've never gone for the dinners organised in 1st and 2nd year cause they were too expensive and not as significant as this one.

It was organised at Prince of Wales hotel in Southport, 1 hour bus journey from Liverpool. My friend and I met up at a pub where the buses were before the start of that long journey to the hotel.

The hotel was quite old, like all UK hotels are. Our dinner took place in the Ballroom which was really beautiful.

We were gathered around the fireplace for quite a long time as it was warm there.

The food was delicious. One thing really new to me was using the knife and fork to eat melon, which was our starter.
It was easy to cut with the knife but its shape was not suitable as it was too straight. They should have just cut it for us. this is called laziness.

There was a choice between steak or chicken which I took the chicken. The sauce was unique in that it was sweet and complimented well with the vegetables and chicken.

Dessert was the really rich chocolate cake with fresh cream served with tea or coffee.

Surprisingly, I won one of the raffle prizes after my friend gave me his raffle ticket. It's one of the medical book but I haven't received it yet. Hopefully they remember this.

In the middle of our meal, there was a performance by this guy doing acrobatic stunts with a pole with fire at both ends. Entertaining. All the guys were commenting on his 6 pack which they all admire. The most entertaining part was when he dropped the pole and everyone booed him off the stage. We're cruel in a way.
It was a crazy idea, but somebody suggested that we walked to the beach in this cold and windy night which most of my friends went. We did smell and felt the sea breeze but we were not even close to the beach when we decided to turn back. If we were dressed in proper winter clothing and not in evening dresses and Tuxedos, maybe we would have made it. At least we saw the Southport bridge at night, which was impressive. I was quite sad that my camera's battery died halfway through. So, no photos from me till I get them from my friends.
There were live band performances and dancing till 1.30am before we began the long journey back. I got home safely around 3.30am. I was very tired, but glad that I went for this event. Now, I'm just hoping that I can go for the graduation ball without any obstacles along the way.

7 comments:

h.3.l.3.n said...

omg!! such gorgeous dresses!!!! love urs, todai.. its Pinkish!!!!!!! i also wantttttttttttttt

h.3.l.3.n said...

such gorgeous dresses!!! esp urs, todai..its satin pink!!! i wantttttttttttt

Windchaser said...

i sell to you. what's your price offer?

Sakura said...

i like your baju la noreen!

Windchaser said...

whoever makes the highest price offer, i'll sell it to the person.

h.3.l.3.n said...

wad size is it? description sikit la.. u make a kantoi ebay seller

Windchaser said...

aiyo, that's why i never list things on ebay to sell.