Sunday 24 February 2008

Watch match today, participated in Futsal competition the next

I really didn't think that this could happen but it did. I was really busy preparing for Culture Fusion where Malaysian Society was going to set up a stall. My saviour appeared offering to make Batu Seremban out of my old T-shirt and green beans for me. Then she asked me if I could come tomorrow for the Girls Futsal match as their team didn't have enough people. So, when people help you, you simply cannot refuse when they ask for your help.
This happened on the night when I just got back from Anfield.

I was already contented watching other people play but now I was dragged into playing. Haih....

Next morning 9.30am: Off I went joining the futsal competition without knowing how to play.


The audition of out goal keeper. All of us took turns to test our potential goal keeper

The Wira team

Why is everyone chasing me???? I didn't steal the ball

I thought we were supposed to use our legs to kick

Injury, injury. I've forgotten all of my St. John skills already. After 2.5 years of medicine, I don't know how to tend to an injured person. Most of the time I was relying on common sense.

The game was really tiring. We were playing 5 a side cause one of the team only had 5 players. So, to make the game fair, it was 5 a side all the way. Extremely tiring. Just realised how bad my stamina was. I attempted to shoot 2 times, all failed cause I didn't have the strength to kick and the ball just rolled slowly into the goal keepers arms.

I played the defenders post for the 1st game and as the goal keeper for the 2nd game. We won 2nd place in the end, which wasn't too bad. It's not that we're that good. In actual fact, there were only 3 teams. So, we're not the best and not the worst.

No comments: