Monday 10 November 2008

Good food, good entertainment, what more can I ask on a Monday evening?

At first, it was just an ordinary Monday. I came back a bit earlier than usual from hospital and decided to cook a proper dinner for this once during a weekday.

I do enjoy cooking, but most of the time, it's not enjoyable for me as I will be rushing to cook as I would have reached the stage where I am forced to surrender to hunger pangs. Today, I was even in the mood to cut the carrots into flower shapes.

While I was cooking my chicken with carrots in Satay sauce, my flatmate offered me a side dish which I really really love.
I wished I could make the Satay sauce from scratch, but it's Knorr brand which I bought from the 99p shop in town.

Crabs!!!!

My most favourite food of all time. I could live on crab for a whole year if not more. Now I really miss the good old times in Sandakan when the seafood was the best I've tasted, not to mention that it's also cheaper and easily available there.I'm so lucky to have house mates who knows how to cook and put in so much effort in getting the ingredients as well. A, you made my day!

While I was cooking, a last minute plan came up. My house mates and friends decided to go watch a movie at Odeon at Liverpool One in 45 minutes just after I was done with cooking.

Big improvement from the old Odeon. Bigger capacity, spacious, modern, clean, surrounded by nice restaurants.

Groupie

We were there to watch the new Bond movie........not.

For our age, Quantum of Solace would be more suitable, but we are still very young at heart. We braved the cold, put aside PBL, forgo my precious nap just to watch:

I haven't watched the 1st and 2nd one. In my opinion, it was a really good movie, after overcoming the shock of Troy suddenly started singing in a middle of a basketball competition , just like in a Bollywood movie. Hahahaha. I love the songs! Who has the 1st and 2nd movie? Can I borrow?

I didn't know that watching movies in Liverpool can be really affordable. The original price was 7 pounds per person, discounted to 5.20 for students, throw in our Student Bean 2 for 1 offer, I ended up only paying 2.60 for a movie. That's what I call a bargain.

We went sight seeing on our way home. I could smell Christmas at every corner we turned.

Liverpool One - 1st floor.

Christmas lights have been lighted up.

Yup. Early wishes from us to you as well.

I can't believe that I was bored to death last weekend, to the extent that I was planning to go feed pigeons in front of TJ Hughes but the rain just had to take away that one little bit of excitement left. At least I was compensated today.

Now, back to reality.

No comments: