Sunday 23 November 2008

Suet May's Birthday at Zizzi's

This was the only birthday party where I had to join another few other organisers in worrying if the birthday girl herself would ruin the whole party by not turning up. So much cortisol excreted over the last few days before Saturday.

PG and I arrived first at Zizzi restaurant at Liverpool One. It was a really posh looking Italian restaurant. I was told that almost 20 people were turning up for this Birthday bash and both of us had no clue who made the reservation. I sounded like I was trying to pull a prank on the waitress at the door when I asked if there was a reservation made for 20, and was trying to give a few names whom I thought made the reservation.

We were ushered to the empty first floor with tables and chairs nicely set up. Our table was the one next to the window where we could spy on the Birthday girl and prepared ourselves to surprise her.

PG and I

Soon, the whole troupe arrived. They came all the way down from Barrow and other places just to surprise this birthday girl. How lucky!

P and I

Poor P, she was starving to the extent that her hungry disappeared and everyone wasn't in the mood to order.

SY and I

Remember what I said about sitting next to the window, we had the advantage of becoming professional paparazzi for a while.

Warning! Warning! Birthday girl and bodyguard spotted!

Happy Birthday to you.....the song started. The shock was so great that Suet May went into the toilet shortly after that and we started worrying if she did faint in there or not.

After recovering and overcoming the stage of 'don't feel like going out there', the party officially started!

Small group 1

Small group 2 - the advantages of having someone with a big black SLR camera. I love the quality of the photo.

Small group 3

Birthday girl and I

The girls

The guys

Suet May felt too fortunate to be surrounded by so many knights in shining amour that she couldn't stop laughing.

Finally, after 10 minutes. Perfect picture, can develop and frame. hehehe.

Finally, food arrived.
I had Risotto with mushrooms and chicken (Picture in bottom center). It was delicious. Too bad for the few who ordered pizza as they was left out in the cold for too long. The unfortunate guys spent most of the time sawing through them while the girls who were more practical ate them like Chapati.

Our chance to sing again arrived.
This time with the appearance of the birthday cake and an extremely happy Suet May.

I huff, and puff, and I'll blow out all the candles.

The older we get, the more candles on the cake. Does that mean we need a bigger cake to fit all the candles?

Note to self: must invite SF to every birthday party as her self made blueberry cheese cake which she carried all the way from Barrow was too delicious!

Final group picture before some of us left the group. Hope that this Birthday left Suet May with sweet memories. Wonder what she wished for. Maybe she forgot to make a wish from all the excitement. May all your wishes come true.

Cutest coffee stall that I've come across so far. 3 wheeled and so compact.

It was unexpected that I got to meet up with YP from Manchester and R from Edinburgh who were doing their sightseeing with M as their guide. Finally, people from Manchester and Edinburgh feel that it's worth coming to Liverpool for shopping. It was weird how we got connected through friend's friends and then go on to become friends.

2 comments:

h.3.l.3.n said...

lucky gal!~

Windchaser said...

extremely lucky. gave so many people MI before her b'day.