Friday 21 November 2008

When the clock strikes midnight

I know this post is late but I was really busy this week and have just managed to compile all the photos tonight.

It was a continuation of an intense and ruthless marathon of Monopoly which ran over 2 nights. Suddenly, the kitchen clock in the shape of a black cat started meowing 12 midnight.

Happy Birthday to you,
You were born in the zoo,
With the monkeys and tigers,
Happy Birthday to you!
(What happened to the original lyrics??)

The game will stop at nothing, except for 15 minutes timeout for my big day. At least I was important enough. We resumed shortly after that.

C made us cookies! Thanks. I forgot to take a photo of the one with my face drawn on it.

Next morning, with the recommendation by our most expert of all the experts in Chinese cuisine practicing in Liverpool, we made our way to Chinatown for Dim Sum.

V, a 'renowned ' food critic disguised as a student in Liverpool couldn't help but did her usual pose for the front cover of 'Fine Dining Within a Budget'.

M and I: It's obvious that we are not the food experts.

Dim sum which we had:


Birthday or no birthday, grocery shopping has to be done that weekend. So, I did grocery shopping that afternoon. I know it's sad but what to do when I'm looking after myself a million miles away from home.

Dinner:
My lovely flatmates decided to throw a small Birthday party for me. So sweet of them. I wasn't expecting:
A huge banner across the wall, plus,

Chocolate ice-cream cake with 23 candles!

Thank you flat mates!

Can we start eating? Maybe the candles can be eaten as well. Seriously, I'm so fortunate to live with 3 chefs and 1 hospitality manager.

I bet your mouth is watering when you see this picture. Nasi Ayam (Chicken Rice) cooked by A and E. I need to get the recipe from you!

Sorry M, by the time I prepared a lunch box to 'ta pau' some and post it down to London, all the plates were licked clean. I don't know how to cook this, so, can't offer to cook for you as well. Sorry!

No comments: