Sunday 19 April 2009

Trip to Chester

It was Easter weekend and M and I went to Cheshire Oaks to do some shopping before making our way to Chester town.

What we saw at Cheshire Oaks was this huge Lindt bunny:
We got free Easter bunny chocolate from Lindt as well. Too cute to eat!

Finally, we reached Chester
Love the unique designs of buildings there. Reminds me a bit of Hamln.

We finally met up with F and in search of lunch, we came across these adorable looking sweets.

Lunch at Katie Tea Rooms
I ordered lasagna and it was delicious! Price was reasonable as well. The restaurant was narrow but about 4 storeys high. The layout was really interesting and I almost got lost looking for the toilet.

There was vegetarian pasta and spaghetti bolognese as well. Recommended.

Finally, after topping up on fuel, we started our exploration of Chester. First stop, the 2nd most photographed clock tower in the UK after Big Ben:
It was built in 1897
and it is the start of the Chester walls.
3D map showing my position on the walls.

The squirrel who loves french fries

This is Chester cathedral. There is an entrance fee now so we decided not to go in.
Our tour guide turned photographer cause the visitor was more knowledgeable on Chester as compared to him.
My masterpiece. It was really relaxing walking along the river.

Chester castle
There was a food festival going on at the race course. This racecourse is famous for it's 'soup-plate' shape and the finishing line can be seen from any part of the auditorium.

Hydroelectric

We saw people canoeing and going on the pedal boat and was tempted to join them but it was quite expensive.

2 people making a beeline for ice-cream.

I love the flowers. Spring is officially here.

The Roman amphitheater wasn't as impressive as I thought it would be.

Final stop - Chester town hall before we made our way back to Liverpool. Chester is a really lovely place and I don't mind working here in future if I have the chance.

I has to start packing for my trip down to London the next day as soon as I got home. So hectic! I can't believe I put myself through all these.

My next entry will be on Athens! Look forward to it cause it's my childhood dream coming true!

No comments: