Tuesday 22 December 2009

Christmas Dinner Round 3

I reached London on Saturday, just in time for my 3rd round of Christmas dinner. It was great to meet up with a few friends which I haven't seen in a long time and meeting new people too.

The whole bunch of us

I helped out with ovening and steaming some of the food. Somehow ended up becoming 'cheap labour' for YH by helping to tie the chives around the salmon for starters. Hahaha.

After everyone was well fed, we pulled the Christmas crackers all at the same time. You can imagine how loud the bang was. With our red plastic crowns on, we started our secret santa gift exchange session. It was like the prize giving ceremony in secondary school as one had to go up, announced the gift prepared and the recipient had to go up to collect it. I finally got my brown barret and my poor santa was complaining that there are just 2 Jane Normans in Edinburgh and she had to cycle to one of them to buy my present. Thank you so much PP!

My secret santa and I

The next day was a full day of christmas markets and funfairs. More colours to come.

No comments: