Friday 4 December 2009

There was a time

There was a time, when I mustered up enough courage

To follow this path, not knowing where it will lead me.

I came across many signposts, some real, some merely mirages.

They tell me many things, but I was only naive.

The sky got darker, pebbles started to make walking difficult.

I stopped at this barren land, feeling hopeless and all alone.

I turned to every direction, only to see jagged stones.

But the footprints tell me, others have been here before me.

I looked into the distance, this little ray shone ever so bright.

As it catches my eye, I wondered how did I walk past without noticing it.

I looked at the pebbles, they seemed so small now.

I look ahead again, this time fully taking in the beauty.

Filled with renewed energy, I continued my journey.

Always reminding myself, never to lose sight of that ray of light.

Pictures taken at West Shore, Llandudno.

4 comments:

pp said...

:)

h.3.l.3.n said...

nice!

VVN said...

Poet!^^

Windchaser said...

thank you, thank you. i got the inspiration when exploring the place on my own.