Monday 14 December 2009

My sanctuary

I relaxed every muscle from top to toe.

Feeling more relaxed, I positioned myself at the very top of a flight of stairs.

I slowly descended the stairs, exhaling with every step I took.

I took my time, paying close attention to my breathing as I continued descending.

Soon, I approached a door. This door leads to my sanctuary - My secret escape.

I reached and turned the large door knob, a smile slowly formed.

As I opened the door, I could smell the salt in the air, the sound of waves greeted my ears.
I stepped into my sanctuary, the light sea breeze caressed my face, the soft sun warmed me.

I threw a few pebbles into the sea, each pebble represented my frustration, my stress, my anger, everything I wanted to get rid of.


When the last of my worries were discarded, I sat on my favourite spot.

I looked up and blue sky filled my vision. A sense of peace and calm washed over.

I feel recharged with new energy. It is time to go back.


I returned to the door, now ready to face any challenges.

But of course, my sanctuary will always be there for me.

A place where I can run to.
A place where I can escape.
A place where I feel at peace.
A place where I can return to.
As long as I need it, as long as I remember its existence.


Final lesson from CCT at Llandudno before we left this beautiful place - Self relaxation therapy

No comments: