Monday 20 October 2008

Case of the missing book

Since I brought this book for my O&G rotation, I left it at the operating theater on the first day of the attachment itself. I only went back to get it after about a week as it was very troublesome to change into theater clothes and shoes just to retrieve it.

I even have my name stamped on the 2nd page of it and it's still missing. Sedih.

2 days after carrying it around, it went missing again! This time, I couldn't even remember where I'd left it. It was just so weird. Seems like we're fated not to be together. On the day it went missing, I went for Ultrasound clinic in the morning. In the afternoon after lunch, I decided to stay back to get some histories from patients. It was when I wanted to refer to it while presenting a history to a doctor that I realised that it wasn't by my side anymore.

The worst part was, I searched every inch of the hospital and still couldn't find it after one long week. This week will be my last week attached to this hospital, if I cannot find it, then I think it'll remain the hospital's property and may it benefit any medical student who comes across it.

It's just weird that my book can just go missing like that as I don't remember being so absent minded before. How can it hide so well from me for the past week? When will this mystery be solved?

No comments: