Friday 19 December 2008

Cheese cake

I can foresee that this holiday is going to be very fattening. Not long after the curry puff fever, cheese cake fever started.

I helped my flatmate, E in making the 2nd cheese cake shortly after she's baked the first one. Reason being, it was her first attempt and it should be tasted by a professional food critic a.k.a. me. hehehe.

The making of the 2nd cheese cake:

I even dragged her to the shop at 8.30pm to get more ingredient.

1. Melt the unsalted butter
2. Pound the Digestives biscuits into crumbs
3. Add the melted butter into the crumbs
4. Lay it out on the base of the cake tin making sure that it's compact enough.

1. Separate the white from the yellow
2. Throw in the egg yellow, soft cheese, milk, and yogurt
3. Whip it with the mixer
4. Add in the flour after sieving it
5. Beat the egg white
6. Add it into the mix

Oven preheated to 175°C and bake for 15 minutes. After that, turn down the temperature to 125°C and bake for another 1 1/2 hours.

Tadaaah!

What is left of the 1st cheese cake. It's not going to last long

Next project will be halal Siu Mai as my flatmates had been requesting it for a long time but I've been too lazy to make them. I wonder how will the chicken version of Siu Mai taste. Wait till I make them first and I'll inform you of the outcome.

No comments: