Wednesday 31 December 2008

From Christmas to New Year Eve

Christmas Day:
Had Lo Mai Kai for dinner. After that, we went for the midnight mass at Metropolitan Cathedral which was broadcast on BBC radio. The choir was impressive and this time, so many people turned up for the event.

MIA 3D 3N
The day after Christmas, I went to Budapest for 3 days and 3 nights. I'll blog about the trip once I get the photos from B. I have only 3 words to describe Budapest: Cold, Salty, and Empty. You'll know what I am talking about in my entry on Budapest.

Back in Liverpool 30/12/08
The next day after I got back from my trip, I continued my travels around Liverpool, this time joining the troupe bringing G, a tourist from Canada around.

We went to buy the Mersey Ferries and Space Port tickets. There was a temporary exhibition on 'The Art of Doctor Who' at Space Port. While waiting for our ferry, we went around taking photos.

We went to St. Nicholas Church and saw this memorial which was made in memory of the Citizens of Liverpool and Bootle who lost their lives in the Blitz of 1940-42. How reliable is the sundial in winter and in this weather?

Finally, we boarded our ferry heading off to Space Port. The scenery on the boat were really lovely. It was so lovely that we even abandoned the nice warm sitting area indoors and spent all our time outside braving the cold strong wind taking photos.

Space Port was all about the galaxy, space ships, the International Space Terminal, how astronauts survive in space, etc. It reminded me so much of my childhood as once upon a time, I was fascinated about going into space, where I can brush my teeth up-side-down. Big fans of Dr. Who will enjoy the temporary exhibition.

It got dark so fast nowadays. By the time we took our ferry home, the sun has set. The extremely cold weather kept reminding me why was I still out in the cold after suffering such low temperatures for the last 3 days in Budapest when I was supposed to be hibernating in my warm and comfortable hideout under my duvet. But it was all worth it.

We had Nandos for dinner followed by Bedtime Stories at Odeon Cinema. How I wish I can create the future by telling bedtime stories! I will have a guinea pig named Bugsy as its eyes were so big, retire young and rich after winning the Nobel Prize in Medicine, have all the energy, time and money to travel around the world and maybe outer space. Ok, I was just dreaming.

For New Year Eve, we went down to Chinatown and city centre to hunt for ingredients for our NYE dinner. On the way, I did went off course and bought a few clothes. Hehehe.

Happy New Year!!! Hope that you will achieve most if not all your new year resolutions. May dreams come true in 2009.

No comments: