Thursday 25 December 2008

Christmas Eve

I went down to town with M and K to get the ingredients for Christmas Eve dinner, but ended up bargain hunting. I didn't buy anything but M and K each found a few good offers.

We went to KFC for lunch. I ordered the closest thing they had to Malaysian food:
It's not bad. But I still miss Kajang Satay.

Christmas Eve dinner:
We had smoked salmon as starter. Main meal was whole roast chicken (at least it's a bird), stewed mutton (thanks to K), Brussel sprouts, carrots, baked potatoes and rice. Dessert was Haagen Dazs passion fruit sorbet.

I followed them to the Metropolitan Cathedral at 11pm for the midnight mass. The choir was really impressive and the whole mass was broadcast on BBC radio. I didn't realise that it was already Christmas until people started wishing me Merry Christmas while I was making my way out.

I can't believe I decided to continue watching a Singaporean drama entitled 'Just in Singapore' and finally retired to bed around 4am. I had a great time. Thanks a lot.

Merry Christmas and may 2009 be a great and exciting year!

No comments: