Thursday 8 January 2009

A very annoying species named Teenager

The link below links to a clip of a radio show on a Hong Kong radio channel was sent to me by a friend. It is in Cantonese if you can understand.

Hong Kong DJ scolding a 16 year old

How very true that when we were teenagers, everybody else was wrong, I am the smartest, I am always right, I can make my own decisions, you people don't understand me, I am invincible, Who Cares???!!! I'm old enough to be responsible for myself!....not thinking of the consequences, only seeking immediate enjoyment, not caring about the future.

'Har, you're still a virgin??? That's such a loser. I've already done it when I was 14.'
(But never used any contraception, never worried if it will result in a pregnancy, 'What? What's STD?')

'I can look after myself. I don't need anyone to worry about me. My parents don't understand me. Even without qualification, I can make money and survive on my own. It's going to be easy.'
(Not knowing that society isn't that easy, it's a dog eat dog world out there, economy is getting worse, everywhere is retrenching workers, pay is extremely low for unskilled jobs)

At sweet 16, have you ever thought about what will happen in 10 years time, which will make you 26?

A lucky girl married to a rich and handsome husband, who plays Mahjong every single day, worried about what to show off in front of others, shop without constrains with husband's unlimited credit cards?

Some handsome hotshot, in the Top 10 riches people in the world, owning properties, shares, big houses, big cars, being every girl's dream boyfriend and of course, being the most popular playboy around with no strings attached?

How very naive

2 comments:

thedivinekiss said...

Wow, naive indeed! I am surprised really, because I do not recall being like that when I was 16.

Windchaser said...

well, not everyone's like that. i wasn't like that but i know people who are.