Monday 19 January 2009

Vicious cycle

Can't blame anyone but myself for not doing any work when I had the time.
What did I use that time for again? Movies, anime, going out, shopping, catching up with friends, everything but doing my homework.
Each and every time I wanted to start doing some work, the thought that I wouldn't be able to enjoy once the night is over manages to convince me that I should cherish this small opportunity to relax.
Relaxation gets out of hand, and I'll end up staying up late doing everything besides the work which needs to be done.

Eventually, the workload starts increasing.
Increased workload = increased stress
Body's natural reaction was to try and seek some relieve from comfort eating,
Which went out of hand and I started binging on every food I could find.
To the extent that I was already full from a proper meal, but just had to down more toasts with chocolate spread, cereal bars, yogurt, milk with cereal to the extent that I couldn't eat anymore.

Then the depression becomes worse once I realised how much unhealthy food I've eaten.
To add salt to the wound, my weight has increased so much just from that few binges.
Blame that weighing scale for revealing the effects.

Can't concentrate the next day due to lack of sleep, not from doing work but wasting time trying to escape from reality.
So tired that I become demotivated from trying so hard to fulfill requirements in that stupid portfolio.
Frustrated that I am limited to finding cases as required in the portfolio and missing out on interesting cases and opportunities.
Disappointed that no one seemed to care about my existence and gave up on trying to ask for help.

I hate myself.

Let me drown myself in self-pity before I pull myself back together and break free from this vicious cycle.

2 comments:

Pei Lian said...

Noreen, I CARE! =)dont be disheartened ok, things will work out =)

*hugssies*

jawad-journey said...

Your not alone. I go through the same thing over and over again. We are not failures. It has happened to all of us both in the past, present and may continue to happen to us in the future. Your sense of self worth is not judged based on how productive you are to society or the economy. God loves you more than your mother. We can get through this.