Sunday 26 July 2009

Eddie Rockets, finally....

I guess you all must be wondering what is this Eddie Rockets thing about. Well, the story began in first year, when M and I used to go down to town after plenaries. We often walked past this cute little American restaurant on Bold Street but never went in. The reason was, due to the strong pound value, everything was multiplied by 7 at that time = very expensive. So, we concluded that this restaurant wasn't for us to step into randomly, but should be reserved for a special occasion.

We promised each other that when we passed our first year exams, we would have our celebration there.

First year results came out.......second year exams approaching. Again, the same promise was applied to the second year results.

Passed second year.........third year exams approached.

The same promise was renewed each year, and without realising it, the both of us passed our 4th year and we have yet to step into Eddie Rockets.

So, the day that we've been waiting for has finally arrived! But first, we met up with K at Nandos for lunch. She graduated last year and has been working in Manchester but came down especially for us. Awwwww....
I didn't remember K being that talkative before. K, you do talk a lot!

I think my stomach has shrink over the years, I felt so full after lunch and our plan was in jeopardy. Will we miss the opportunity to step into Eddie Rockets like what happened on Friday evening?

After burning off some calories through shopping, finally.....
Recalling all those times I've walked past this small little restaurant admiring the American layout and other dinners having their desserts there. It has been a long time indeed.

My Oreo milkshake. Delicious!

I had the All American New York cheesecake with fresh cream. It was the best cheesecake that I've tasted so far. M had her really tall sundae and K had chocolate fudge with ice-cream. I was delighted with the great desserts and the 60s American atmosphere. All that hard work to pass the exams just for this!


'When are we going to come back?' I asked M.
'When I pass my finals', replied M.
'Make sure that you pass. Meanwhile, I might go with another group of people since I've no exams left. Muahahaha'.

No comments: