Thursday 23 July 2009

Vivid dreams

When people say make your dreams come true, they are just assuming that every dream is positive, what you wish would happen, what you've always yearned for, etc. But I do not wish for what I dreamt last night to happen in real life.

It all started with me, M and PL carrying our bags and rushing onto a train which was supposed to start moving in less than a minute. We tried looking for a place to sit but it was too crowded. Suddenly M said she forgot to buy our tickets. So, we had to catch the next train.

We made our way to the ticket counter, bought our tickets and was making our way to an empty bench when I spotted the post office. I have this craze for stamps and first day covers so I dragged the both of them with me.

M wanted to buy different values of stamps as she likes the different designs, but somehow the guy at the counter said he's not allowed to sell them like that. So, M was disappointed. Then it was my turn, and I asked if he had first day covers, or stamp collections for sale, and also 2 stamps for posting international postcards. He took out this massive stack of them and I happily started choosing.

When I wanted to pay, he suddenly asked for my passport to confirm my identity. So, I placed it on the counter. While waiting for him to check and take a photocopy of it, M suddenly just reminded me to watch out for my bag which I had left on the ground a few steps away from our group(I never do this in real life). I glanced up to see if he's finished and the next thing when I glanced down to check on my bag, it was gone!

I looked at M in disbelieve and started to panic. We frantically search for the police station and luckily, managed to find a lady officer who could speak English. She said she would follow me to the scene to question any witnesses there. All that time, I was just scolding myself for being so stupid and hoped that my bag would be found. I was thinking of all the money in my pouch (which I normally wear around my waist but I don't know why did I leave it in my bag), how was I going to survive the next 3 days without money, clothes, toiletries, etc, and where did I leave my passport again? Oh no! I haven't collected it from the post office in my panic with the disappearance of my bag.

So, the police officer and the three of us went back to the post office. Luckily my passport were still on the counter. I would have strangled myself if I'd lose that...........

The dream ended here and I woke up. It was so vivid that it took me a while to wonder why was I sleeping on my comfortable bed at home and not in a hotel on a trip, and what had happen to my bag. Phew, luckily it was only a dream. I wouldn't be so careless in real life.

I came to conclude that the more I sleep, the more vivid my dreams are. Maybe it's an indication that I'm sleeping too much these days.

No comments: