Sunday 1 November 2009

Another Malaysian restaurant in Liverpool

My second food project after the successful Siu Mai project was stir fry Japanese tofu.

I just realised that I haven't eaten this egg tofu for years. Basically, I forgot to order it when I was back in Malaysia. It is really easy to prepare but the only difficult part was to get the ingredient which I found at Chinatown. First, cut the tofu into smaller slices. Then, deep fry it until the outsides are golden brown. Next, drain the oil, stir fry the chopped garlic, put the tofu in, add chicken stock and oyster sauce, give it a good stir and it's ready!

Shangrila Restaurant

M and I went to Shangrila for lunch as she told me that they served Malaysian food including Roti Canai and that was the main reason I went. Apparently they offer Malaysian dishes for a long time but it's just that I wasn't aware of it. We thought that they did student discount of 30% on weekends too but sadly, they only offer it during weekdays from 3 till 10pm.
Never order while you're hungry. That was the mistake I made that day. From Roti Canai, Hokkien mee to Mee Goreng Mamak. I even accidentally ordered Chicken Rendang without realising it as I thought I had to make the selection for the dip that came with the Roti Canai. Hahaha...luckily they said we could cancel that order. I was prepared to take away that extra order. The food there was really good. I really liked the Roti Canai, but I thought it was overpriced a bit - 4 pounds for 2 pieces of Roti Canai with curry. The noodles were delicious! Just the spicyness that I wanted. I feel a bit worried for M as she doesn't really take spicy food but she's improved a lot. Hehehe. Recommended for anyone missing food from home.

We were given free desserts as well. It was sweet corn pudding and coconut milk pudding with chocolate topping. Really delicious. Another reason to add to my 'why I can never go on a diet' list.

We went to town for some retail therapy next. I was delighted to receive a free bottle of shower gel from Bodyshop. However, there is only a 1 in 3 chances for the person receiving the voucher to win that. M was so lucky that she won 2 and she was really nice to give one of them to me. They should just make everyone a winner!
The last day of the promotion is this coming Saturday. So, anyone who is interested in getting a free shower gel from Bodyshop....you all know what to do.

I came across this weird looking cardboard speaker so I bought it just for curiosity to see if it worked.
So, I folded and assembled it. The end product just looked like a paper box. Plugged it into my computer and it did work! Hahahaha. So cute! As expected. It has its limitation to sound quality and volume. But hey....it's my new toy!

No comments: